Tuesday, July 04, 2006

the matching month


Hi You!

Here I am in the hot July heat and wondering if you are sleeping and hot too? It is the matching month and I wonder how it is done? Sometime this month someone in a china office will know to match me with you. Will they look in my eyes and see you? Or will they, as the rumours say, go by the bone structure from my face ? I acutally see some kind of logic in that. Some kind of Chinese understanding of the rhythms of generations and how we pass on stories through our bodies. How is the matching done? And in the moment that we are matched will I know? Will you?

Soon we are to meet.

I feel my little thin thread loosely floating from my heart... an unconnected heart string. Patiently waiting and occassionally flapping. Is it red? I think so. The Chinese myth of two who are destined having red threads that eventually meet each and then they are connected... to never part. Do you feel yours?

It is late as I again contemplate names? More roll of my tongue and I wait for the matching date. The time when I see your face and hear the name that you are hearing every day. The one rolling off of caretakers tongues.... shall we keep it?

Soon......

No comments: